Monday, May 4, 2015

Surfing USA

I have always enjoyed listing to the music of the Beach Boys since I was an early teenager.  From the time we planned our trip to Kauai months earlier my son in-law said he wanted to try his hand at surfing.  Surfing was something my son in-law had never done before but he was determined to try. 


Try he did, while we were spending some time at the beach he headed over to Beach Boys Hut to rent himself a surf board and try his hand at standing up on that board while riding the waves of the Pacific Ocean at Kalapaki Beach.  No lesson, just the board and give it try.  His plan was to watch the others and try to do the same thing. 

 My son in-law paddling his way out to try surfing for the first time. 

There was a few guys out there that gave him pointers and told him how to do something things.  He tried and tried and nearly got all the way up!  One of the surfers told him he had a good form on going from laying down to getting up on his feet.  He was close to standing up and riding the waves.  I give him credit for trying and I know he will try again next time in Hawaii. 

So as my son in-law was heading back in to shore we noticed that the Pride of America was pulling out of Port, heading back out to the open waters of the Pacific Ocean.  My son in-law had no clue that the cruise ship was only a few hundred yards out behind him.  We're all on the shore waving at him trying to get his attention when I was able to finally get a picture of him with the cruise ship behind him.

 Surfer Boy!

Our son in-law gave it a good effort on his own trying to surf the waves of the Pacific Ocean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!! Have a great day!!

Where ever you go, go with all your heart!!!