Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Mississippi

We arrived at our destination in Boonville Mississippi around 7:30pm on Friday September 2nd.  Our plans were to head up to Memphis Tennessee to visit Graceland on Saturday and then to Shiloh Tennessee on Sunday to tour the Civil War sites.

Turns out Saturday was opening day of Dove Season and we were invited to a gathering that evening.  Al was really tired and I didn't have the heart to wake him so we decided to take the day to relax and unwind and visit with Bonnie & Sim!!  

Saturday was also our 28th Anniversary, what better way to spend the day than with our son in-laws aunt and uncle!  Al and Sim headed in town mid afternoon to pick up some stuff for the gathering. Upon their return Al hands me a bag....yippie he found the FireFly Strawberry Moonshine for me!   



I can make some Mama's Moonshine Cocktails when I get home!  Might have to put up another bottle of this wonderful nector of the South!!  

We head off to Jason's place for a gathering of their friends and family and a feast of Catfish, Dove, Chicken Pieces and Fries!   Both Dove and Catfish are firsts for us!!  Oh My God the Dove is DELICIOUS....the Catfish was so good too.  The meal was awesome!  I wish we had Dove at home.  Later that evening they cut into the largest Watermelon I have ever seen.  


That is half the watermelon, this one weighed 30 lbs!!  


Sitting around I noticed the beautiful sunset that was taking place.  Captured a few pics on my cellphone!  These photos don't do the colors of the Mississippi Sunset justice!!  Absolutely beautiful!!!





Sunday the plan was head off for breakfast to the Huddle House and then head to Corinth and Shiloh for the day!   Turned out Sim had wretched his back and didn't sleep very well Saturday night.  We said no worries spending the day at home visiting is great too.  

So after coffee and a morning visit we headed off for the Huddle House for Brunch.  



OMG......so good!!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!! Have a great day!!

Where ever you go, go with all your heart!!!