Thursday, April 30, 2015

Day 1 In Kauai

The condo was quite warm from being locked up all day, no air condition running or screen doors open to cool the place off.  First thing I did when we arrived the night before was crank the air condition in the bedrooms to cool them down so they would be comfortable for sleeping.  When going to bed we turned the air condition off, no one wanted to wake up with a cold and left the patio doors open with the screens.

By 6am on our first morning we were awakened by the crowing of the many roosters on Kauai.  You don't really need an alarm clock in Kauai, you can wake up to the roosters each  morning.  Don't get me wrong I didn't find it annoying in any way.  Growing up on a farm with chickens I am no stranger to hearing the roosters early in the morning. 

So I head downstairs to brew a pot of coffee.  If I'm up and going to sit on the Lanai I am going to enjoy watching the sunrise with a cup of coffee. I nearly finish a pot of coffee myself before anyone else is awake.

First sunrise in Kauai

I absolutely enjoyed watching the sunrise over the Pacific Ocean along with a coffee.

At breakfast we put together a small menu for the week and made a list of groceries we needed.  After breakfast we headed out to Costco to do our shopping for the week.  Well we were a bit early (about 1 hr early) so we waited in the parking lot for a few minutes after I take a couple of photos we decide to drive around and find Walmart.  So after shopping at Walmart we head back to Costco.


View from a very empty Costco parking lot!

With a our groceries and alcohol purchased we off for a quick stop at Times for a couple of things we couldn't find at Costco then back to the Condo!  Unpack groceries, have a couple of drinks then fill our Bubba mug's and head up to the pool for the afternoon.  The pool is a salt water pool, which was different for us.  We met some fellow Canadians at the pool from Victoria BC.   We take the opportunity to get a family photo while there is someone around to take a few pictures for us. 


We decide to check out Kalapaki Joe's for happy hour.  A short walk later we arrive at our destination.  We each order different appetizers to share and drinks......let the Happy Hour Begin!!  Wings, Calamari, Hummas & Pita Bread and shrimp along with drinks made for a fun delicious Happy Hour!!!




After a few drinks and appetizers we head back to the condo.  The Plumaria trees are just starting to bloom in Lihue.  These flowers are both beautiful and fragrant.  I wish I could have a Plumaria tree or two in my yard at home but with our winters lasting as long as they I just have return to Hawaii to enjoy them.


Looking at these photos of the first plumaria we seen on our first day in Kauai, I can close my eyes and remember the wonderful scent of them.  So beautifully fragrant!!! They were just starting to bloom around Lihue Kauai!  So glad we were able to enjoy them our vacation.



After a relaxing first day we enjoy a later supper back at the condo, a few more cocktails and make a plan for our second day on the beautiful Garden Island of Kauai!!

There really are chickens every where on this island.  We seen on the streets & roads, in the Walmart parking lot, around the resort and everywhere we went today we seen at least 1 or 2 chickens.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!! Have a great day!!

Where ever you go, go with all your heart!!!