Monday, July 11, 2016

Places We'll See

With our Great American Road Trip less than 50 days away I figured to the best way to see how much data I will use was for the next few weeks I would use the GPS on my phone and use it as a hotspot.  This should give me an idea of how much data I may need for our trip giving me an idea which prepaid phone plan to get.  

So in thinking about our travels on the interstates and the back roads exploring from Texas to Lousianna to Mississippi up to Tennessee and back down to Texas we'll be travelling thru different cities, towns and villages.  This brought back memories of the the many road trips to British Columbia I took with my grandparents.   My first BC road trip was to my Aunt & Uncles in Cranbrook, I was  so excited.  I couldn't imagine driving from Saskatchewan to British Columbia how many places we'd drive through.  The night before leaving my grandma was helping me pack a bag for things to keep me busy in the car when she gave me a small notebook and pen.  She said it was to write the name of each town, city or village we drive through starting right from home and ending when we arrive at my Aunt's house in Cranbrook, BC.  This would be repeated on the trip home, never know we could take a different route home.  I realize now this served as a dual purpose one to keep busy on the trip and the other was see all the places we travelled through on our trip.  It was almost as if my grandmother was talking to me from Heaven telling me to keep a notebook of all the places we travel through on our road trip this summer.  So I am going on o do just that but with a twist.  I will start my log of the places we travel through starting it just like I did as a little girl with HOME being my starting point.  I will date the pages as well as the highway number, road name or interstate number for each leg of our trip. 

Keeping a travel log of the places we travel through will also help me each evening as I write about our day in my travel smash book and at home when I scrapbook our Great American Road Trip.  

The nice thing about using a little pocket note book to document the places we'll is dual purpose; one it will fit easily in my purse and two will fit nicely a scrapbook of memories of our Great American Road Trip to look back on through the years to come.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!! Have a great day!!

Where ever you go, go with all your heart!!!